Saturday, January 21, 2023

WORD PAINTINGS #128 - FIRST PAINTINGS OF 2023 - DREAMKEEPER (WORKS IN PROGRESS)


WORD PAINTINGS #128 (How I Came to New Mexico and Larned about Art and Life) - 
 
 ON MY EASEL TODAY! Studio #123 -WORKS IN PROGRESS "DREAMKEEPER" - 12"x12" Oil Study for 30"x30" Original Oil. Early morning on Nov. 11, 2022 I lifted the bedroom window shade and saw this moonset over Tres Orejas. Just stood there for a long time and then I sat down to make some color notes, (will post to my Art Journal blog later) By accident few days later I found this poemby Langston Hughes.....

 
Bring me all of your dreams
You dreamer
Bring me all of your
Heart melodies
That I may wrap them
In a blue cloud cloth
away from the too rough fingers
Of the world
 
 
In my imagination that full moon picked up my night dreams as it sailed over my house, taking them all around the world....just imagine!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

WORD PAINTINGS #142 - GUATEMALA 1991 PART III - CIVIL WAR

WORD PAINTINGS  # 142 (How I Came to New Mexico and learned about Art and Life) - GUATEMALA PART III - CIVIL WAR The pace of this trip was e...