Sunday, October 23, 2022

WORD PAINTINGS #126 - BLANK IS A NEW BEGINNING

20 October 2022 (Llano Quemado, New Mexico)- The father of my three children died yesterday.  These past few weeks have been very strange.  His dying was very long and protracted. Painful. Daily updates from one of our twin daughters. We had been divorced for over 52 years. Memories of our nine years together and how that time affected all our lives (not always pleasantly) through the years.  His shadow always lurking in the background affecting my relationships with my children. Catholic guilt over the divorce. Great sadness over his prolonged weeks of pain and suffering. A profound sense of loss.  All those memories of years ago faded and at the end sent a message to him that I cared.  Endings always lead to New Beginnings! __________________________________________________________ 

 


 21 October 2022 (Llano Quemado, New Mexico) -Each Day a New Beginning...

On my easel today - some small works. I call them five finger exercises.  Some of these studies go on to become larger paintings.   The larger canvas is one I have had in mind for several years - "Don Eusavio's Long Winter Night".

 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

WORD PAINTINGS #140 - GUATEMALA 1991 - SEMANA SANTA PART I

BEARERS. OF LIGHT - COFRADIA, IGLESIA DE SANTO TOMAS - 1991 February 1991 - Listening to Joseph the Starwatcher while painting my Taos studi...